Thursday, May 2, 2013

BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY


Springtime Colors, Jamestown, NC

A blind boy sat on the street corner with a can at his feet holding a sign that simply said, “I’m blind, please help”. There were only a few coins in the can. A stranger walked by, dropped a few coins in the can and then wrote something on the back of the boy’s sign for him to display. Soon the boy heard lots of clicking noises as the can began to fill up with coins. When the man returned soon afterwards, the boy asked “What did you write on my sign”? The stranger replied, “I said the same thing, only with different words. I wrote that ‘today is a beautiful spring day, but I cannot see it’”. Both signs told people the boy was blind, but the second reminded them how fortunate they were to have their sight.

We take so many things for granted in life like our sight—especially until we lose them. My recent total knee replacement gave me an acute appreciation for simply walking and walking once again pain free. Please use this reminder for all of God’s blessings we enjoy every waking moment in this life and help us continue to appreciate them!

Footnote: This posting is number 350!

No comments:

Post a Comment