Saturday, May 15, 2021

THE DRIVE-THRU

 

The Drive-Thru, Jamestown, NC

 I received a text from my pharmacy on my Saturday morning “no place to be” drive notifying me that my Rx order was ready.  First of all, I never placed my prescriptions on automatic refill and I like to order and pay for things on my schedule.  But they caught me in an agreeable mood, so I swung into their drive-thru on my way home.  As I turned the corner of the building, I passed two signs directing traffic into one of the two available lanes for either prescriptions or testing.  Never mind the two opposite arrows painted on the driveway. 

 My agreeable mood was going south as I waited on the conversations between the six drivers ahead of me and the cashier.  When I finally reached the speaker in the prescription lane, a pleasant voice asked how she could help me?  I replied “I’d like a double cheeseburger with fries and a coke, hold the Mayo.”

 Actually, I stayed civil and asked for my mystery drugs, but I might say that the next time if this persists. 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment