Monday, November 8, 2010

SERENDIPITY SUNRISE





Miramar Beach First Light, Destin, FL
Miramar Beach Sunrise, Destin, FL
Miramar Beach Sunshine, Destin, FL
Great Blue Heron, Destin, FL


I enjoy photographing the colorful beach sunrise and sunset light shows which are brief unique creations that fuse magical light, sky, ocean and shoreline. I had ventured out onto a sandbar near the Miramar Beach shoreline to position myself for another new days birthing event over the Gulf of Mexico. As I peered into the camera screen, a large winged shadow suddenly flew into my range and landed onto the same sandbar between me and the rising sun. And then the sunrise spirit remained frozen in the salt water as we witnessed the sunrise together in a rare Nirvana moment of the present. When something as magical as this happens between man and God’s creation, Native American Indians say, “We have walked together in the shadow of a rainbow”. Some would call it serendipity. The great blue heron remained as I moved on down the beach after the show was over, knowing that our kindred spirits had bonded. These large wading birds especially like to feed in the shallow water’s edge around dawn and dusk, which explains why we met again around sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment