Sunday, May 17, 2020

PANDEMIC WINDSHIELD

Invisible Shield, I-73, NC

I was driving north on I-73 today on my way out of quarantine into the wide open spaces of nature.  The serene drive was interrupted by the all too familiar splat of a bug hitting the windshield right in my line of sight. My knee jerk reaction was that I would now have to spend the remaining road trip inconvenienced by this minor blip on the EKG of my life.  

Then it occurred to me that the incident was everything for the bug.  There’s a parallel to this little scenario out here in a world coping with a serious pandemic...we’re all on this perilous ride together, but some are protected on the inside while others are vulnerable on the outside of the invisible shield and we need to remain compliant,supportive and empathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment