Sunday, May 17, 2020

AMERICANA CARANTINING

McCormick-Deering Tractor, Stokes County, NC

I had to escape from quarantining during the worldwide pandemic this morning so I fired up the SUV and went on a carantining road trip looking for photo opportunities.  I was richly rewarded when I briefly spotted a tractor in the weeds as I motored down the interstate.  

So I turned around at the nearest intersection and slowly came upon an Americana scene with a rusting McCormick-Deering tractor in the foreground and the Red Birch Country Market in the background with an old Coca-Cola porcelain button sign perched at the top.

The old tractor had been retired years ago, but the classic design and functional engineering were still very apparent and photogenic.  The reddish rust patina only added to its beauty and character.




No comments:

Post a Comment