Saturday, December 23, 2023

FAVORITE ONE LINERS

STARDUST

 I recently ran across a social media challenge to list folks’ favorite one liners from music, etc.  It seems like a rather daunting challenge, but there were actually hundreds of posts covering a variety of subjects like life, love, relationships, etc.  So, I waded through the responses and copied and added some of my favorites and then attempted to arrange them into a post:

        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

       Today is just tomorrow's yesterday.

       You’re the master of your own destiny.

       Dream on, but don’t imagine they’ll all come true.

Life is just a candle…and the dream must give it flame.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

We see in life what we look for.

Too many people don’t listen to understand, but to reply.

I was so much older then.  I'm younger than that now.

 Those were the days, my friend.  We thought they'd never end.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

I’m glad I’m alive at the same time as you.

Of all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you…

I gave her my heart; she wanted my soul.  Don’t think twice it’s alright.

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.

You make me smile with my heart.

           Put your arms around my soul and take it dancing.

Couples dancing, wrapped around each other in a song.

            The future is uncertain, and the end is always near.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Light of the world shine on me, love is the answer.

            There is a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

The entire universe and ourselves are composed of the stardust of creation.

Everything is dust in the wind.

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti.

No comments:

Post a Comment