Tuesday, April 19, 2022

FOUR LINCOLNS IN SENIOR PARADISE

Four Lincolns, Publix

 I was out foraging for food at Publix this morning and picked up some things on my shopping list and some others that I had no intention of buying like always.  I had two twenty-dollar bills and a one in my billfold and needed to break one of the twenties for tips.  I was caught by surprise checking out when the cashier announced the total came to $104, as I pulled out the one-dollar bill and requested four fives.  She looked up with a grin and said I could have four quarters.  I laughed, she laughed and the sacker laughed.  As I turned with my four fives, the sacker asked if she could help me outside, apparently sizing up my senior status.  I replied “No thanks, but you can help me pay for all of this.”  The sacker laughed, the cashier laughed and I laughed.  

Just another day in senior paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment