Wednesday, August 12, 2020

GOOD OL’ COUNTRY WISDOM

Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Colfax, NC

I swung by the local Farmer’s Market this morning on a carantining drive to pick up some vine-ripened, summer tomatoes.   A good ol’ country woman was just checking out a customer as I approached her scale.  I overheard her saying “This’ll all be over after the election.”  And then she wryly looked me in the eye and concluded “And we’ll all be over if we don’t vote right.”  I wasn’t about to get her riled up and ask who she was voting for in November!

And just for the record, good ol’ country knowledge is being aware that tomatoes are a fruit while good ol’ country wisdom is knowing not to put them in a summertime fruit salad.  But really, good ol’ country living is knowing how to make a ‘mater sandwich and mix them in a Bloody Mary for an appetizer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment