Monday, April 25, 2016

LIFE’S LITTLE VICTORIES


Celebrating Knee Replacement, Lake of the Ozarks, MO

One of the most profound insights I’ve gleaned from life is that we should always celebrate life’s little victories. It really doesn’t matter what those may be, but you should make a conscious effort to celebrate them. The big victories are celebrated automatically, but all too often the small ones silently drift into the past and are lost forever. Maybe you could say it’s just a matter of counting your blessings, but I think it’s more than that. It’s an integral way of positive living to be conscious of these small milestones and therefore appreciative. I’ve also learned that we see in life what we look for in life. If we’re looking for all that’s wrong, we’ll find it. And if we’re looking for all that’s good in life, we can find that also.

So tonight I’m celebrating the occasion of the rapidly approaching 50,000th page view of my blog that I started in 2010 at the suggestion of a friend whose opinion I respect. This is very cool since I do not market my blog or sell advertising. I just leave it out there for any fellow sojourner that happens along the way. The top five countries that view my blog posts start with the obvious United States, followed by Russia, United Kingdom, France and Germany.

I find it interesting that one of my top five posts relates to our trip to Paris:

http://observationsworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/12/paris-scenes.html

And another relates to one of the return trips to my hometown in central Kansas:

http://observationsworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/05/street-lights-of-home.html

And a third relates to friendship:

http://observationsworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/11/drink-with-me.html

One of my favorite postings ranks in the top ten and observes that a labyrinth is a metaphor for life's sacred journey:

http://observationsworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/05/harmony.html

It’s been a fun journey to follow my initial premise to pair one or more of my photographs with a few exceptions and an attempt at creative writing about the things I randomly observe as I journey through this world. And sometimes the photo image inspires the posting while at other times the posting challenges me to search my files for the perfect image.

No comments:

Post a Comment